Assistant Facilities Manager – Homebased
My client are a leading independent Property consultancy and due to increased workload are recruitment an Assistant Facilities Manager to join their team. This role is homebased but you will need to based in the London / Cambridge area / M11 corridor to in order to visit sites.
Reporting to the Head of Facilities Management, the role is to ensure that sites are maintained and managed to ensure compliance and a high standard of service, with a focus on value for money at all times.
You will take responsibility for the management of fabric, hard and soft facilities management, planned and preventative maintenance and service charge management across my client’s prestigious investment portfolio of national clients. The portfolio consists of industrial sites, science parks, commercial, retail and ancillary residential buildings.
Main duties and key responsibilities
– Overall responsibility for each building’s fabric and facilities
– Maintaining statutory compliance
– Production of annual service charge budgets
– Management of spend against budget (with variance reporting)
– Procurement of planned and reactive contractors
– Contract management
– Performance evaluation of service providers
– Regular inspections
– Evaluation of facilities
– Planning, implementing & monitoring standards
– Liaison with tenants
– Insurance claims
– Project Management – Minor Works
“Auditing health, safety & welfare facilities & facilities services
“Oversight of jobs administered by the FM Helpdesk
– IOSH (essential)
– NEBOSH Diploma (preferred)
– Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. IWFM/MRICS)
– Strong communication skills
– Strong customer service ethos
– Significant relevant Facilities Management experience including portfolio and budget responsibility
This is an exciting opportunity to develop a career in a professional environment with a focus on quality of customer service and strong financial and legislative controls.