A leading International Construction Consultancy and has an opportunity for an Associate Director / Project Director level Quantity Surveyor to join and strengthen the team in Manchester.
Forming part of their Manchester office led by their Director the Associate / Project Director QS will be responsible to support the team and lead the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. For the right individual a clear path to Director will be mapped out within a reasonable period
Some of their flagship work in recent years include;
UCLan Student Centre, University of Salford Energy House 2.0 and New Adelphi Building, Office fit out for EY, KPMG, Vodafone; Exhibition Centre Liverpool, Procurement frameworks such as NWCH, SCAPE, NHS SBS and Procure Partnerships.
They are driving the delivery of the Government Hub programme providing a network of high-quality office spaces throughout the UK. This is an ambitious programme of work over the next four years to support local government consolidations and the wider decentralisation of government activities from London and the South of England. As a result, their team has an increased demand for individuals with strong commercial and contract administration experience.
As an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor or existing Associate QS you will ideally be educated to degree level or equivalent and preferably a full RICS member with significant experience of working within a professional services property consultancy business. With a wealth of experience of delivering successful projects of varying types, size, value and complexity within a mix of business sectors, you will be a skilled and capable Surveyor.
What you will do:
• Estimating and cost planning
• Production of feasibility studies and estimates from minimal design information, through to detailed cost plans
• Preparation of tender documentation
• Interfacing with the client and other consultants
• Monitor the costs of projects and their progress in relation to the programme
• Work according to the agreed technical approach and to the required technical quality standards and procedures
• Perform all RICS core competencies and RICS QS Competencies
• Participate in APC training including Supervisor role and guidance for candidates, where appropriate
• Lead on client liaison and business development.
• Attending internal management meetings and monthly BD meetings.
• Delivery of capital projects on time and to budget.
• Assist in the delivery of the Business Plan and drive forward initiatives to achieve those plans.
• Maintain close relationships with key existing clients and addressing any concerns, to maintain high levels of satisfaction
Your experience will include:
• Extensive professional experience within a consultancy environment
• Evidence of leading projects in a client facing role
• Experience working on medium to large scale property projects within the Commercial Developer, Industrial, Residential and Corporate Occupier sectors is desirable
• Competitive Basic Salary
• Car/Fuel allowance: all business miles paid
• Pension Scheme
• Flexible Working