Our Client is one of the leading integrated, global manufacturers of innovative onshore wind turbine systems. In 2019, the company generated sales of around EUR 3.3 billion with 6,880 employees.
The product portfolio includes onshore wind turbines in the power range from 2.4 megawatts (MW) to more than 5 MW, addressing the requirements of developed as well as emerging markets. These wind turbines allow operators to produce environmentally friendly electricity at the lowest possible cost in their respective regions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Project Manager to join the company’s growing operation based in the UK head office in South Manchester
The commercial PM, reporting to the Head of CPM for UK&I, supports the project manager in all commercial aspects of the project. You will expect to undertake some travel throughout the UK and Ireland with occasional visits to Europe (Hamburg).
• Delivering the contract conditions precedent (usually bank guarantees, parent company guarantees and down payments)
• Tracking the project financial results and forecasting (using SAP and spreadsheets)
• Invoicing and cash management
• Interpreting the contract
• Managing claims against or from customers and suppliers
• Pursuing insurance claims
Career / Job experience
• You will come from a legal, financial controlling, commercial analysis or quantity surveying background.
Education and qualification
• Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent in Finance, Business or QS discipline
• Excellent English language skills
• Strong IT skills, especially MS Excel with knowledge of advanced data processing, analysis and presentation is key. Previous experience of SAP and Power Bi is an advantage.
• Has the determination, creativity and good humour to work through the inevitable challenges we face in a rapidly growing and changing business & market
• The ability to work as a team member, and to help us to create a strong, successful, and enjoyable team
• Clear, common-sense communication skills.
• Ability to read complex contracts and work as part of a team.
• Ability to look at financial data and to relate it to real world situations. Ability to present that data in coherent and clear fashion utilising advanced excel and/or Power Bi software.
• Negotiation skills to avoid or mitigate claims from others and to exploit opportunities as they arise.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• The ability to learn quickly.
• The ability to work with different business cultures. In particular, a knowledge of German language and culture is an advantage.
• Salary: £55-65k
• Bonus: 10% basic salary based on company and individual performance
• Holidays: 25 days + 8 BH after 2 years an additional holiday every year up to max 30 days
• Sick pay scheme
• Flexible working