We have a fantastic job opportunity for a Development Project Manager to join a highly successful social-impact Housing Developer based in Manchester.
The company was founded in 2015, initially they set out to solve the UK homeless crisis, believing everyone should have access to a comfortable and safe home. Simultaneously, they noticed a gap in the market for social impact investors looking to access residential property investment opportunities delivering positive outcomes for the most vulnerable members of society.
The business has now grown to 35 staff operating from Manchester and London and by April 2023, they expect to grow Supported Housing into a £250m pa revenue UK and Ireland based Social Impact Real Estate business which acquires, refurbishes, leases and finances housing for investors, housing providers, Local Authorities and residents.
This is a pivotal role within their Projects Team and requires the candidate to operate throughout the property journey, from site acquisition and initial design through to construction and completion. Their Development Project Managers is required to ensure the projects happen on-time, on-budget and most importantly in-line with their standards. As Development Project Manager you will understand what it takes to provide accurate development appraisals, create masterplans, build design teams, secure planning, oversee construction activity and reach financial agreements.
Development Project Manager Responsibilities
- Management of development projects from bid through the planning process, construction, and stabilisation.
- Appraising new site introductions.
- Co-ordination and management of the professional team alongside Employers Agent.
- Management of key stakeholders, planners, neighbours, local community and third-party agencies.
- Provide regular updates to the investors and senior management team.
- Managing and updating project appraisals.
- Working to specific timescales and financial targets.
- Manage the project budget and cash flow alongside the finance team.
- Oversee and manage the construction process from procurement through to completion
- Liaise with the wider team as the projects requires, such as Investment, Finance, Asset Management and Design, Strateg
- Project Management, Construction Management or Building Surveying Degree qualification
- Experience in Project Managing and delivery of schemes.
- Experience in administering JCT Contracts.
- Experience of working in a team and working with Clients, Consultants and Key Stakeholders.
- 25 holiday days per year
- Team social events and trips; Wellness allowance of £35 per month
- Private healthcare
- Healthy snacks in the office
- Monthly supper clubs with Deliveroo provided
- On-site parking
- Employee referral scheme.