Vertical Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Highways Engineer to work with an award-winning multi-disciplinary consultancy, where you’ll play an important role shaping the future of their business. They are in the middle of a transformation, remobilising their services to bring in new systems and policies to delight both customers and residents.
They are a friendly and professional team, always open to new perspectives and exploring new ways to collaborate. Get your career off to a great start by combining your academic knowledge with practical experience as a graduate highways engineer.
They offer great support to develop yourself and you’ll have access to their newly designed suite of enhanced training products, as well as other learning and development opportunities. They will support you along the way with mentorship, networking opportunities, training, and support to achieve chartership. They offer a combination of office, site based and homeworking and will help you adapt to this new way of working.
What you’ll be doing:
- Undertaking the development of engineering options for a proposal so that full consideration is given to safety, reliability, operational capacity modelling, maintainability, ease of construction, and environmental/whole life issues.
- Participating in the selection of a single option for development.
- Preparing the full engineering data package required for commencement of the detailed design and participate in answering on-going clarifications/queries as needed.
- Supporting in all associated duties and carry out cross discipline engineering checks in association with engineers of other disciplines.
- Managing the engineering interfaces of allocated proposals with concurrent work in other disciplines.
- Assisting in the preparation of technical outputs to the highest standards in accordance with our quality management system.
- Helping to develop the production of drawings, reports, and specifications.
- Working under mentorship to develop your chartership
- Becoming familiar and compliant with relevant health, safety, and welfare regulations and champion the importance of this in your team.
What we’re looking for:
- Engineering degree in a relevant discipline with a grade of 2:1 or higher.
- Desire to work towards chartership.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audience using different mediums.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team comprising planners, designers, engineers, and technicians, providing technical guidance to less experienced members of the team.
- Able to manage your own time to meet project deadlines and budget targets.
- Possess a sound understanding of the Construction Design and Management (CDM) 2015 Regulations & Common Safety Method (CSM) 2013 Regulations, specifically the designer’s requirements.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary – plus they pay for professional body membership fees
- 25 days’ holiday
- company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socializing, to health & wellbeing, travel, and technology
- flexible working options available