We are delighted to be working with one of the UK’s leading Property Developer and Investment companies who are actively seeking to employ a Head of Project Management
They are specialists in student accommodation and property investment funds with the business model being simple and effective; they acquire, develop, refurbish, and manage to ANUK standards student accommodation. Priding their selves on delivering a first-class service
The key purpose of this role is to have the responsibility for the delivery of development, construction, and refurbishment of Group projects to the requirements of internal and external stakeholders, including institutional investors, funds, and banks. Duties will include the development of supply chain and specification, establishment, and management of in house and external design team members to support and manage the commercial success of the department.
The Key tasks for the role will be:
- Management of various capital refurbishment, extension and new build projects ranging in value from £1m to £15m Overall delivery responsibility through the RIBA Stages
- Development of specification both on a project-by-project basis and on a Group basis.
- Formation, coordination, and management of panels of PQS and Architects to work on agreed framework agreements.
- Setting project budgets and control of capex & fees from site identification through to completion.
- Ultimate responsibility for project cost and timely delivery
- Pre-acquisition construction and property due diligence including identifying costs of remedy, necessary surveys and reports required.
- Procurement of Surveyor’s reports to obtain funding approvals including commercial negotiation of content.
- Development and management of supply chain members, principal contractors, subcontractors, and consultants in order to achieve set objectives to quality and cost.
- Control of main contract tendering processes, contract inclusions, procurement methodology, contract administration and building contract content. Including advanced commercial procurement routes
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders to provide appropriate reports, ensuring milestone feedback and meeting overall KPI objectives.
- Management of legal requirements in line with development agreement, facility agreements and any others
- Assisting the of Director of Acquisitions and Investment Strategy in the execution of special projects
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Project Management Member of RICS or other related institutions preferable
- Project & Construction Management Measurement & Specification Tendering and Contract Administration
- Working with and managing in house and external teams Project Management from “cradle to grave”, preferably with residential properties Delivering to cost programme and quality on multiple schemes Fast-track project delivery
- Good people management and ability to motivate to achieve goals.
- A strong commercial awareness of JCT building contracts, contract administration and claims
- A solid understanding of building technology and construction process
- Proven track record of dealing with multiple stakeholders and delivering institutional requirements.
- A strong understanding of relevant health and safety legislation, including the CDM regulations
In return for the above you will receive a competitive salary with 26 days holiday entitlement (rising to 31 days with service) private healthcare, pension, life assurance and group income protection scheme. They have a fantastic team environment based in our modern head office which is located in a prestigious business park.