Vertical Recruitment are working closely with an award-winning leading Manchester consultancy providing civil, structural, and geotechnical engineering services. They are based in Manchester City Centre, their large team of qualified engineers have developed well established local relationships with third parties, which in turn adds value to their projects. They are responsible for several high-profile developments across the city,
Due to increased success within their business, they are looking to recruit a number of key players within their structural team. Including an experienced Principal Structural Engineer.
Working closely with Directors, the Principal Engineer will contribute to the operational delivery of projects, the management of client relationships and the management of a team, developing their own skills in these areas with a view to taking on a fuller managerial role in due course.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage engineering designs in line with client requirements.
- Review designs produced by more junior staff. Taking a lead role in relation to the technical delivery of projects, and technical supervision and guidance to less experienced staff
- Recognised point of contact for clients on projects
- Along with the Director contribute to the day-to-day management and control of projects including financial management, compliance checks, environmental and health and safety procedures.
- Attend and conduct meetings.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree Qualified in civil or structural engineering
- Chartered MIStructE
- Proven experience in technical competence, conducting meetings as well as proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Proven experience working in consultancy environment
- Knowledge on Residential, Student Accommodation, Mixed use, Hotels, sports and leisure projects
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays.
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Permanent health Insurance
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance