Vertical Recruitment is working closely with an Industry Leading multi-disciplinary Civil and Structural Engineering Consultancy. The business delivers cutting edge design solutions to a wide variety of clients from a network of UK offices. In Manchester they enjoy an excellent reputation, known for the successful delivery of major landmark regeneration schemes across the city, involving a range of high-rise towers. Now due to continued growth the team in Manchester can offer an excellent opportunity to a Principal Structural Engineer.
Working closely with Directors, the Principal Engineer will contribute to the operational delivery of projects, the management of client relationships and the management of a team, developing their own skills in these areas with a view to taking on a fuller managerial role in due course.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage engineering designs in line with client requirements.
- Review designs produced by more junior staff.
- Taking a lead role in relation to the technical delivery of projects, and technical supervision and guidance to less experienced staff
- Recognised point of contact for clients on projects
- Along with the Director contribute to the day-to-day management and control of projects including financial management, compliance checks, environmental and health and safety procedures.
Attend and conduct meetings.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree Qualified in civil or structural engineering
- Chartered MIStructE
- Proven experience in technical competence, conducting meetings as well as proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Proven experience working in consultancy environment
- Knowledge on Residential, Student Accommodation, Mixed use, Hotels, sports and leisure projects
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays.
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Permanent health Insurance
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance