We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join a Property & Construction team within a thriving client-side organisation that operate within the leisure and youth centre arena.
They are investing in growing their current portfolio of UK wide centres and they currently have over £50 million worth of developments in the pipeline. The team work with a wide range of Local Authority and commercial developer partners in place-making settings.
We are seeking a dynamic Project Manager who is keen to utilise their skills and experience to deliver highly rewarding and challenging construction projects that will change the lives of young people. Their Property & Construction Team is headed up by a Chartered Surveyor (MRICS) with over 20 years’ experience in the property and construction industry and who will provide guidance and support to the postholder.
You will have experience of leading highly effective design teams through the briefing, design and construction stages of multi-million pound capital projects, with technical knowledge in construction and an eye for detail to ensure the Employer’s Requirements are met during the design process, construction and handover. You will be involved in every facet of the project lifecycle, from site massing & feasibility, client-side direction of the design team, procurement of construction, facility fit-out and aspects of facilities management. As a highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication skills, you will also have experience of financial management of projects and demonstrable commercial acumen.
- To lead the day-to-day delivery of capital projects in all aspects of the design and delivery of a project, ensuring projects are delivered to programme, budget and the highest standards of quality.
- To ensure the Employer’s Specific Technical Requirements and brief are met during the design process, construction and handover.
- To be responsible for the internal financial management of multiple projects, alongside working with external PQS practices in this area.
- To lead and manage multi-disciplinary design teams, supported by external consultant teams.
- To develop internal project documentation and reporting.
- To produce reports to suit relevant stages of projects for various internal & external stakeholders and funders.
- To procure and lead feasibility studies, including site surveys, site investigation, site evaluation with the purpose of aiding the development of new projects.
- As client lead, to monitor and report internally and with funders, contractors’ progress on site during live projects.
- To support the Prospecting Team in securing new opportunities nationally.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate these experience, skills, abilities and attributes.
- Delivery of multi-million pound capital projects; leading design teams through the briefing, design & construction stages of capital projects – Essential
- Experience of client-side and consultancy environments – Desirable
- Submitting successful planning applications – Desirable
- Working with Local Authority and commercial developer partners- Desirable
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Sound knowledge of project management procedure and process in the delivery of construction projects – Essential
- Commercial acumen and prepared to challenge positively – Essential
- Good technical knowledge in construction, with a systematic & meticulous approach – Essential
- Highly motivated self-starter – Essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Essential
- Good execution of Microsoft Office programmes, especially Excel and Word – Essential
- Commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion – Essential
- Awareness of issues facing young people – Essential
- Full membership of RICS or CIOB, with substantial PQE – Essential
- Current, full UK driving licence and use of a car – Essential
- Building Surveying or construction related degree – Desirable
Agile working organisation with flexibility in working hours across the day; 5% matched contribution pension; 33 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays (rising with length of service); option to purchase up to 10 days additional leave per year; birthday leave; one paid role-related professional subscription; retailer & leisure discounts.