A Boutique Cost Management and Project Management Consultancy based in Lancashire has an excellent opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor / Employers Agent to join and strengthen the team.
They specialise in the Assisted Living, Healthcare, Retail and Hospitality sectors; with services covering new build construction, refurbishments and extensions, repairs/maintenance and technical and compliance audit works.
They are looking for Employers Agents who are focused on delivering high level service to clients, while representing and controlling external stakeholders throughout a project lifecycle. They operate across both the Public and Private Sector and they have a diverse, established client base. They are currently working on a range of projects with construction values totalling £500m.
- As Employers Agent, you will be expected to perform a broad range of duties including the following:
Plan the project
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with the client and confirm the design brief
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities and gateways needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities and ensure a cost plan is prepared
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Manage and monitor project costs
- Implement and manage the project
- Coordinate the tendering process from PQQ to contract award
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Chair and administer project team meetings
- Coordinate the work of the clients & consultants including designers and cost managers
- Monitor the progress of the project and manage a robust change control process.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the client organization on the progress of the project
- Undertake value management exercises in collaboration with the client team and the contractor as appropriate
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
- Administer the contract in accordance with the clients requirements
- Establish and chair regular meetings between the contractor and consultant disciplines
- Validate payments and issue interim certificates throughout construction
- Manage and advise on testing and commissioning, defects and any extension of time claims
- Oversee the practical completion and handover at the end of a project
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
- Your experience will include:
- Demonstrable project management experience of working within either the private or public sector
- Detailed understand of the development process and planning, including S106 planning agreements
- Knowledge of project management and contract forms including JCT
- Sound understanding of one or more of the following sectors; Assisted Living, Healthcare, Retail and Hospitality
- Competence in Project, Excel and standard software packages
- Construction related degree and / or evidence of (or working towards) a relevant professional qualification e.g. APM, CEng, ICT
- This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who are motivated, ambitious and have a desire to push their careers forward within a setting where people have the confidence to work independently, be creative, and consistently deliver excellence.
- In return, the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and a range of other benefits including generous holidays, a group pension, car allowance and private healthcare