National Utilities and Civil engineering company that works Gas, Water, and Electric Networks.
To be responsible for the generation and administration of all street work permits and notices related to Metering. Ensuring work is carried out in accordance with the Traffic Management Act 2004 (TMA) and the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991, (NRSWA). The role involves particular focus on coordination of works with our planning and scheduling teams to enable operational delivery in compliance with relevant legislation.
* Work closely to build strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders including relevant Highway Authorities, internal schedulers.
* Raise permits and notices in accordance with NRSWA using Insight notice management system * Managing active permits and notices to maintain compliance at all stages of the job, preventing Fixed Penalty Notices and Overrun charges.
* Respond to Highway Authority comments and Modification Requests promptly.
* Updating and reporting from corporate work management systems to track work progress and maintain an accurate audit trail of permit and notice history.
* Managing notices and permits in line with Traffic Management requirements, including but not limited to: CAD drawings, bus stop suspensions and parking bay suspensions.
In order to carry out this role effectively you will have excellent organisational skills and an ability to pay close attention to detail. You will have a strong knowledge of relevant Street Works Legislation in particular New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA) and the Code of Practice for Inspections.
Experience of notice management systems and specialised work management systems are preferable.
In addition to this, you will have excellent time management and demonstrable negotiation skills, as you will be working to tight deadlines and negotiating across different levels within organisations.