An excellent opportunity has arisen to for a senior Civil Engineer to work with one of our reputable clients. Are you seeking your next career move that will enable you to work independently and use your engineering judgement to tackle day to day problems, delegate tasks and show a desire to develop junior members of the team? If so, this role will be working with our clients Civil engineering team.
The team delivers a variety of consultancy services to a local and national client base and is responsible for providing several engineering services across multiple sectors, at all stages of our client’s project, from inception through to commissioning.
Working on challenging and multiple projects simultaneously, you will have extensive experience undertaking preliminary and detailed design of roads, levels, drainage, and external works in both the public (adoptable) and private realm.
If you have a keen interest in developing your understanding and ability in civil engineering design and a willingness to research and take on new challenges this role will give you the opportunity to develop your skills. You will be able to work independently and use your engineering judgement to tackle day to day problems, delegate tasks and show a desire to develop junior members of the team. You must have experience of the multi-disciplinary nature of complex projects from planning stage, through to completion and show a desire to develop your project coordination
skills and an understanding about other discipline roles on projects.
Role and Responsibilities
Duties will include:
– Working on projects from the planning stage, through to completion
– Delivering S38/S278 and S104s for Residential Schemes
– Assessing and writing Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies
– Liaising with both internal and external bodies, including planning authorities, statutory undertakers, and national bodies such as the Environment Agency
– Liaising with other consultants such as architects, planners, project managers and directly with clients
To apply for this role, you must evidence / possess:
– Proven experience of civil engineering design, covering several aspects of preliminary and detailed design of highways, levels, drainage, and external works
– Be fully conversant with their industry’s standard design software packages AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Microdrainage.
– Have experience of delivering S38/S278 and S104s for residential schemes
– Be able to describe your experience of assessing and writing flood risk assessments and drainage strategies
– Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel