I am working next to a large M&E contractor who are looking to expand their Commercial Team
The successful candidate will join an already established team on the all phases from Pre Construction to Handover on this project. The project is an M&E installation and has a project value in excess of £25 million.
Role and Responsibilities of the Senior QS are:
- Preparing early stage budgets and detailed cost plans
- Performing risk and value management and cost control
- Advising on procurement strategy
- Preparing tender and contracts documents, including bills of quantities
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders
- Establishing and operating cost and financial control systems
- Certifying progress claims and payments to contractors against work completed
- Negotiating to ensure budgets are not exceeded
- Measurement from drawings of the Mechanical and Electrical components
- Providing advice on contractual claims
- Maintain contemporaneous accurate records
- Valuing completed work and compiling application for payment
- Monthly cost and value reports
- Project cost and programme forecasts
There is ample opportunity for progression and this company invest in their people so have a low turnover of staff.
Please get in touch if you would like to know more.