Vertical recruitment has been working closely with an award-winning consultancy, they are offering an excellent opportunity for a Senior or Principal Transport Planner to join our established team based in Manchester. Our client is currently busy with a number of transport planning commissions, including macro and micro simulation modelling, scheme business case appraisal, active travel, and transport planning work for a variety of their clients, including local authorities, private developers, and other public-sector clients. You will play a key role in continuing the growth and development of an already successful team.
What you’ll be doing:
- As a senior member of their team, you will have supervisory or people management responsibility, with a particular emphasis on developing the team and maximising performance.
You will be responsible for an element of business unit performance e.g., developing the relationship with clients, winning new work and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- You will work across Transport Planning to support the strategic growth and development of the business.
- You will mentor, coach and develop individuals within the team and across the wider business as opportunities arise.
- You will need to engage with and develop good working relationships with multiple internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- You will prepare and submit fee proposals to their existing clients and help prepare bids to gain new work as necessary.
- You will become familiar and compliant with relevant Health, Safety and Welfare regulations and promote our clients SHEW culture within the team
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in transport planning or related discipline.
- Chartership or aiming for Chartership of a relevant professional body such as CIHT or RTPI
- Ideally a minimum of 8 years’ experience working in the UK Transport Planning industry
- A strong local network of contacts that can be built upon
- A personable character to build relationships with existing colleagues and clients
- Good working knowledge of government standards and advice relating to transport planning.
- Substantial Transport Planning experience and technical skills appropriate to the discipline.
- What’s in it for you?
A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel, and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative, and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and they will provide the support you need to do just that.
If this sounds like the role for you, please click apply!