We have a fantastic career opportunity for a career minded Senior Project Manager to join a thriving Construction Consultancy in their newly established Manchester office
The Consultancy established in 2014 initially in London and have rapidly grown to 120 staff across London, Bristol, Brighton, Manchester and Leeds. They offer Cost, Project Management and Building Surveying services to a healthy 50/50 split of Private and Public sector Clients, many of which are major blue-chip organisations and Developers. They are a young and dynamic company with an excellent culture. They have good sustainable growth plans, cutting edge systems & software and they operate a flexible working policy.
The Manchester office is headed up by a Regional Director with over 30 years hands-on experience, developing successful PM and Cost Management teams for some of the UK’s most recognizable industry names. He is looking to appoint a Senior Project Manager to support and grow his established Client base and some recent project wins.
The Senior Project Manager role consists of autonomously leading and managing construction projects from inception to completion, without supervision and with minimal guidance from line management. The role involves working collaboratively with a varied team of construction professional and stakeholders to allow projects to be delivered safely on time, and to budget whilst ensuring high levels of client satisfaction.
What does the role involve?
- Mange projects of varied size and complexity, undertaking the day-to-day project activities of a Project Manager, but providing Senior support and representation on projects where required.
- Supporting other senior member of staff in project delivery and internal processes.
- Guide and direct project team members to ensure compliance with the Companies set standards, and procedures, and guidelines.
- Undertake strategic oversight of the project.
- Support Associate Directors with resource management, fee management and reporting.
- Maintain and support good client working relationships acting as main point of contact for queries, as necessary.
- Undertake a review of lessons learnt, implementing changes for future improvements.
- Ensure internal systems are kept updated e.g. Unions Square, finance and resource trackers and timely sign off of invoices.
- Support in the conflict resolution.
- Internal governance such as reviews of flash reports and senior signatories on approved documents.
- Ensure compliance with client gateways and their governance processes.
- Oversee and support junior colleagues work on projects where appropriate.
- Undertake the production of fee bids with the support of the Bid Team and Associate Directors.
- Actively involved in mentoring and training internal staff and CPD activities.
- Identification the project Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Interfacing and working collaboratively with the client and other consultants.
- Observe Health & Safety provision in the working environment and CDM 2015 regulations including escalating any HSE issues.
- Always take personal responsibility for the health and safety of myself and others by working within the Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Any other duties as reasonably required of my role.
What skill and experience might a person need to undertake this role?
- Ideally Chartered accreditation with at least two years post qualification experience.
- At least eight years plus, relevant experience working within the construction industry in a similar discipline.
- Ability to deliver larger and more complex projects through the whole project lifecycle.
- Excellent experience based technical / project knowledge.
- Ability to delegate tasks to others within the team and support their work.
- Support junior members of the team with mentoring and development.
- Development of leadership and management skills.
- Ability to manage fees and assist with fee bids.
- Generate new work through the management of client relations.
- Ability to work on own initiative to drive to generate new business.
- Understanding of the account management process.
- Ability to analyse project and report performance to line manager.
- Excellent knowledge of internal systems and processes in order to advise and guide others.
- Excellent knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety.
The business is looking for the following personality traits:
What skills and experience might a person need to develop to become as Associate Director?
- Fully Chartered Accreditation or with significant experience within relevant discipline.
- Demonstrate wide range of relevant experience working within the construction industry and sound construction, commercial awareness, and procurement procedures.
- Ability to support the Group Directors and Associate Directors with departmental development such as training and recruitment.
- Relevant experience managing key client accounts.
- Relevant experience managing high value projects and demonstrable success of financial experience meeting company targets.
- Relevant experience managing complex and technically challenging projects.
- Excellent and consistent oral and written communication, negotiation, and presentation abilities.
- Demonstrable ability to manage and develop individuals and / or teams.
- Experience of project delivery and team resource and performance.
- Experience in business development.