Are you an ambitious Senior Quantity Surveyor that’s wants to be involved in some of Manchester’s most prestigious schemes?
Do you have experience of multi-million-pound commercial projects and want to join a dynamic contractor that offer a fantastic working environment, progression and exposure to the North West most exciting projects?
Vertical are pleased to be partnered with one of the North West most respected and dynamic construction companies. Due to their continued growth, they are now looking to secure an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to drive and deliver significant city centre schemes.
– Maximise the gross margin on the company’s projects by supporting the Commercial Manager in obtaining the best prices for sub-contracts, accurately assessing / monitoring project variations & costs during delivery of the contracts.
– Compile reports showing cost savings and/or losses against tender and/or original budget.
– Regular site visits to pick up any variations/ cost implications.
– Provide project clients with cost reports/ cash flow forecasts as required.
– Represent the company at site meetings providing financial information in a professional format to the project client.
– Influence and inspire others and build relationships with all departments. Acting as a role model you will demonstrate a passion for change and improvement whilst utilising manufacturing tools to improve departments/teams’ efficiency and effectiveness.
– Review and feedback staff performance and set goals to develop performance for the individual, the team and the company.
– The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will have a strong and stable work history and have managed full lifecycle projects, utilising JCT D&B forms of contract administration. You will have worked at Senior – Quantity Surveyor, for a similar organisation and have the ability to demonstrate the following:
– An ability to make profits on projects by substantially improving tendered margin without the client feeling the company has been adversarial.
– An understanding of all aspects of the financial side of the contracting process, and technical building requirements.
– A flexible and adaptable approach to ensure services are accessible and responsive to the needs of customers including weekend working if required.
– The ability to learn from others and accept developmental feedback to improve the business.
In addition to a fantastic salary, package and generous bonus scheme, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on some of the most prestigious sites across Manchester.
If you would like to join a business that recognises talent, develops from within and provides a positive working environment, this could be the role for you. Please contact Ash, on 0161 669 4716 for a confidential discussion or email your CV to Ash.firstname.lastname@example.org