Our client is one of the UK’s leading independent Civil & Structural Engineering consultancies. They are involved with some of the most notable projects in the Manchester area. Their developments are medium to large scale and deal with a variety of sectors including commercial, retail, residential and healthcare. Due to the successful tender of several significant projects, they are currently looking to attract a talented Structural Engineer, with 3-5 years post Graduate experience in the UK, for their Manchester Structures team. The successful candidate will be a problem solver who is confident with project delivery, someone reliable and technically sound who communicates well.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the analysis and design of building structures, progressing to overall design of structures
- The production of schematic/concept designs and structural design calculations within defined project timescales
- Liaising with other construction professionals in the development of designs
- Undertaking structural designs using ROBOT or TEKLA and by hand as required
- Directing technicians in the production of AutoCAD and REVIT drawing information undertaking and quality reviews of drawn information prior to issue
- Liaising with Infrastructure team to ensure their design is fully co-ordinated.
- Developing relationships with clients and other professionals to strengthen their brand position.
- Undertake general structural surveys and subsequently produce reports, letters and general correspondence associated with this work.
- The diagnosis of structural defects and the development of appropriate repair strategies.
- Attend external design meetings with clients and other design team members.
- Accredited degree in Civil and/or Structural Engineering
- Hold or be working towards Chartered status (IStructE or ICE).
- IT literate with experience of structural design software packages and Microsoft Office
- Technically competent and understand the fundamental stability requirements of structures and construction details.
- Experience working with the Eurocodes & Building Regulations
- Hold a Valid Driving license
What’s in it for you?
- Family feel culture
- Being part of an Employee-owned Trust
- Award winning L&D team who champion personal and professional development
- 25 days holidays + birthday holiday and option to purchase further holidays
- Hybrid working policy
- 7% company pension contribution
- Health cash plan
- Employee wellness program – Access to support like 24/7 GP, Get Fit programme, mental health, financial and legal support, plus more
- Workplace nursery scheme
- Enjoy technology benefit
- Competitive salary and annual reviews
- Life assurance and long-term illness protection
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Holidays at our company lodges and walking weekends
- Cycle to work scheme
- Awards and away days