his is a fantastic opportunity to join a busy team in a dynamic role, within an industry leading company. Due to the nature of the role, the ideal applicant will ideally have experience in utilities. Applicants with design and/or client facing experience will be strongly considered. Full training and guidance will be given for estimating and outline design activities.
An extremely exciting and rewarding role.
Job Title: Estimator Reports to: Estimating Manager
Main Activities & Duties
1. Compile utility tender quotations for gas, water, electric, street lighting, fibre and vehicle charging for new domestic and Industrial/Commercial developments.
2. Produce gas, water and electric outline designs to the DNO/IDNO standards for the purpose of producing tender quotations (full training will be given for this activity)
3. Manage and nurture client relationships in keeping with the company ethos
4. Liaise with clients, relevant industry professionals and other departments to produce industry leading and value engineered tender designs and submissions
5. Manage client expectations and close out contract awards
6. Negotiate with asset owners
7. Organise and attend pre and post contract client meetings when required
8. The role holder will carry out and manage all pre-contract activities for their allocated client base including providing support and guidance when required.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
” Strong commitment to customer service; a client first attitude
” Excellent communication skills
” High level of accuracy and attention to detail
” Computer literate with good experience in working with Microsoft programs including Excel and Outlook
” Strong written and numeracy ability
” Strong commercial awareness
” A team player with the ability to work under pressure and to timescales
This is a full time role working within a normal office environment. 40 hours per week.