Vertical Recruitment are working closely with a well sought after multidisciplinary consultancy, they have 14 offices across the UK, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Their Electrical team is known for providing comprehensive, detailed solutions that exceed the requirements of the client.
They’re looking for a Principal Engineer to join their growing Electrical Services team in Central London. If you’re passionate about leading project teams to deliver high-quality designs on innovative buildings, then this is the role for you.
This exciting role offers the chance to blend leadership skills with technical expertise, working across multiple sectors to deliver efficient and sustainable solutions on built environment projects for industry-leading clients. Ideally, you’ll be a chartered engineer with proven experience of managing mid-sized projects and/or design packages for large-scale initiatives. Previous experience in the Life Sciences sector is desirable, but not essential.
You’ll be expected to lead and develop a team of dedicated electrical engineers and technicians to deliver comprehensive and detailed solutions that work for our clients. Alongside this, you’ll also support the Associate Engineers in the day-to-day management of the local Electrical Services team, as well as contributing to bids for new work.
The role also offers the chance to further your professional development, with opportunities for the right candidate to progress up the levels.
- Chartered status (or working towards) with a professional institution
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Proven experience in delivering technically excellent electrical services design in the built environment
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Proven team management experience
- Experience in contributing to bids and proposals
- Working knowledge of Amtech and Dialux/Relux software
- Eligible for security clearance and airside pass
- Willingness to travel to client sites or other offices as required
Their network of offices are appealing, friendly and comfortable spaces, easily accessible by car or public transport. And their salary and benefits packages are some of the best in the industry. What you get will depend on what you do, with individual performance-related rewards also on offer in addition to:
- Company car or cash allowance
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan
- Life assurance scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc)
- Family friendly policies
- Employee assistance
- Professional development