We are recruiting for a highly respected Construction Consultancy in Manchester. They currently have a vacancy for an ambitious Assistant Project Manager seeking to develop their career.
Our client is extremely busy, especially within the Building/Property Sectors, with multiple projects involving healthcare, education and public sector schemes.
This well-established practise is undergoing immense growth with plans to double their Project Management team by the end of 2023. On top of that, they pride themselves on their dynamic culture, with monthly meet ups and hybrid/flexible working.
What does the role involve?
- Assisting with the manging of projects of varied size and complexity, undertaking the day-to-day project activities of a Project Manager, but providing support and representation on projects where required.
- Supporting senior members of staff in project delivery and internal processes.
- Assisting with the guidance of the project team members to ensure compliance with the Companies set standards, and procedures, and guidelines.
- Assist in strategic oversight of the project.
- Assist Associate Directors with resource management, fee management and reporting.
- Maintain and support good client working relationships acting as main point of contact for queries, as necessary.
- Undertake a review of lessons learnt, implementing changes for future improvements.
- Support in the conflict resolution.
- Internal governance such as reviews of flash reports and senior signatories on approved documents.
- Ensure compliance with client gateways and their governance processes.
- Assist in the overseeing and support of junior colleagues work on projects where appropriate.
- Interfacing and working collaboratively with the client and other consultants.
What you will need:
- Ideally working towards Chartered accreditation with at least 12 months post-graduation experience.
- Healthcare/housing/leisure/commercial/residential experience
- Assist in delivering projects through the whole project lifecycle.
- Assist in delegating tasks to others within the team and support their work.
- Ability to work on own initiative to drive to generate new business.
- Ability to analyse project and report performance to line manager.
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- Early Friday finish
- Flexible working
- Annual salary review
- Chartership opportunities (MRICS/APM)
- Collaborative workplace environment
- A host of wellbeing and social activities and initiatives
- Networking events
- Monthly social
- Career development and training opportunities