Geotechnical Engineer – South Manchester
Vertical Recruitment are working closely with a fresh and dynamic independent multi-disciplinary consultancy, delivering town planning, engineering and environmental services throughout the UK to an impressive client base including many blue-chip organisations. They are busy with a variety of new build and refurbishment project across their 8 sectors (commercial, education, energy, health, hotel, retail & leisure, industrial & distribution and waste). They are currently busy with a number of large scale residential and commercial projects which require them to expand their South Manchester geotechnical team.
They are currently hiring for a Geotechnical Engineer with a minimum of two years post graduation experience with proven consultancy experience. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a company where you can work both autonomously, and as part of a wider professional team, where you will have genuine opportunities to develop your career further.
Reporting to and liaising with the Geotechnical Team Lead/Director, your role will include:
- Undertaking projects or components of projects in the field and office, taking responsibility for your own workload.
- Managing subcontractors, supervising site works, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
- Preparing reports such as Desk Study Reports and GIRs and other project deliverables as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice
- Participating in the resolution of project technical issues
- Collaborating with other engineers to ensure the integrity of the project delivery
- Ensure compliance of deliverables for which they have responsibility, including RAMS, fieldworks, testing, reports and specifications with project requirements
- Enhancing team’s reputation by delivering high quality work on time and budget
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients on projects
- Ensure that the Company’s policies are implemented successfully e.g. compliance with the Company QEMS, ISO14001 and ISO9001 etc
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your line manager
What will I need in order to be considered for this Geotechnical Engineer vacancy?
- Relevant degree in geology/geotechnical or civil engineering, or similar, MSc/MEng in Geotechnical Engineering desirable.
- Broad and in-depth ground investigation experience gained from working in either a contracting or consultancy background
- Post-graduate experience in most aspects of projects, including planning, commercial, and supervising, together with examples of applying standards and technical knowledge in projects
- Experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to ground investigation specialism markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management
- Familiar with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc
- Preferable some working knowledge of slope stability software.
What will I receive in return?
You’ll be part of a friendly and professional team in a growing company where your ideas will be welcomed, and your efforts and results will be noticed and rewarded, with excellent opportunities for further career advancement.
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working
- A happy, sociable place to work
- Investment in your professional development
- Private Medical Care
- Pension and Denplan
- Minimum of 5 weeks holiday
- Opportunity to buy Company shares
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and aims to ensure a workplace where people are treated with dignity and respect.