Principal/ Associate Structural Engineer – Manchester
Vertical Recruitment are working closely with a well sought after multidisciplinary consultancy, they have 14 offices across the UK, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Their team of civil and structural engineers are nationally recognised for delivering sustainable and integrated design.
Due to growth, their Manchester C&S team has a need for an Principal/Associate Engineer who is not just a people leader, but someone who can also be that technical sounding board to the team, applying your experience to support in solving design problems the team may be facing.
You will lead large C&S project teams or a number or smaller teams and help develop the infrastructure capability of a growing Civil and Structural department.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of Autodesk Civil 3D, Microdrainage and AutoCAD and will be keen to mentor graduate engineers / technicians in both technical design aspects and BIM software integration.
A thorough understanding of earthworks design, below ground foul and surface water drainage design, pavement design, external works and 3D underground services co-ordination is required.
Some of the things you will do:
- Oversee the design on multiple projects as lead Civil Engineer
- Support the team with problem solving relating to design – this is where your depth of technical knowledge will be important
- Building relationships across the multiple sectors we work in to plan for future work
- Team Management on a day-to-day basis
- Involvement in the wider elements of the business area, supporting the Director
- Undertake all aspects of infrastructure design work on a range of project sizes across the following sectors: Aviation, Public Sector, Rail, Power, defence and Life Sciences.
- Act as a technical authority for Infrastructure Design across all Baker Hicks UK offices.
- Ensure project teams deliver civil and structural designs to cost, schedule and quality criteria
Why this role?
- Fantastic opportunity to work across exciting and interesting sectors (example – Nuclear, Life Science, Defence, Power etc)
- Huge variety of different projects involving all facets of Civil Design
- You’d be joining a diverse and dynamic team of technically strong design engineers who are passionate about making a positive impact in their communities through the work they do
- Chartered Civil/ Structural Engineer CEng MICE/ MIStructE
- Appropriate depth and breadth of experience including experience in leading and managing teams
- Strong technical knowledge of Civil design
- CSCS Card
- SC clearance (or eligible)
- Full Clean Current UK Driving Licence
Whatever your discipline, you’ll be alongside some of the most talented people in the industry. Our network of offices are appealing, friendly and comfortable spaces, easily accessible by car or public transport. And our salary and benefits packages are some of the best in the industry. What you get will depend on what you do, with individual performance-related rewards also on offer in addition to:
- Company car or cash allowance
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan
- Life assurance scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc)
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Employee assistance
- Professional development