We are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a dynamic Cost Management Consultancy, based on Deansgate, Manchester. Specialising in the Health, Education, Work, Living, and Community sectors, this consultancy has experienced consistent growth since its establishment in August 2019.
Their expansion has resulted in securing several short, medium, and long-term contracts spanning diverse work sectors. This presents an engaging and diverse portfolio of work opportunities for the ideal candidate.
In this position, your role will involve working on multi-million-pound medical projects. This will entail engaging in the planning, execution, and management of significant projects within the healthcare sector, alongside involvement in various public sector schemes.
What you’ll be doing
- You will be responsible for all aspects of pre and post contract quantity surveying services, whilst showing a good level of technical capability and sound commercial knowledge.
- You’ll also be working on a wide range of projects within the Healthcare, Education, & Commercial sectors.
- 26 days annual leave;
- Competitive salary – dependent upon experience;
- Mobile phone & laptop
- Employer Pension Scheme;
- Monthly socials
- Payment of annual RICS professional fees;
- Early finish Friday;
- Flexible Working ethos – ability to work from home / remotely;
- Fantastic, collaborative workplace environment;
- Varied and interesting project portfolio;
- Qualified or working towards MRICS with an appropriate degree or minimum 4 years professional experience
- Professional experience within a consultancy environment
- Previous healthcare/public sector experience would be beneficial
- Knowledge and understanding of cost management / quantity surveying duties, with experience of NEC and JCT forms of contract
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as part of an experienced team.
- Be capable of taking a project through from inception to completion
- To attend design team and site progress meetings as required.
- Experience in preparing detailed cost estimates,
- Experience in preparation of tender documents.
- Preparation of cashflow forecasts and financial reports.
- Full UK Driving Licence