A highly regarded independent Construction Consultancy is currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor with experience of providing PQS services to a wide range of clients in a variety of sectors, to join their Manchester office on a permanent basis. The Consultancy provide delivery of both traditional new build / refurbishment projects and reinstatement works for damaged buildings.
This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive Senior Quantity Surveyor who can take responsibility for a varied workload and is both competent and confident in a client-facing role.
The candidate will be responsible for all pre and post contract Cost Management services and must demonstrate a good understanding of the Cost Management role provided across all stages of a project.
What you will do:
- Cost Reporting to the Client
- Preparation of Cost Plans
- Dealing with disputes and claims
- Offering expert witness reporting
- Contract administration
- Preparation of Tender Documentation
- Providing Procurement & strategy advice
- Providing Contractual advice
- Managing post contract change
- Value and risk management
- Project benchmarking
- Cost estimating & advice
- Cashflow forecasting and management
- Financial management and control
- Tender documentation
What you will need:
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline.
- Possess a minimum of 8 years technical delivery experience.
- Ideally a member of the RICS or another relevant professional body.
- Previously employed by a consultancy or end user client
- Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts and forging new business relationships.
- Prior JCT contracts experience
- Have a track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines.
- Be a team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious.
- Competitive Salary + Car
- Company bonus/Employer ownership trust
- Free parking
- Regular team socials
- Individual career developments
- A highly regarded welcoming/positive work environment