Senior Civil Engineer
Vertical Recruitment are working closely within a major international interdisciplinary consultancy. They have received over 1000 awards for design quality. They are looking for an experienced Chartered or near Chartered Senior Civil Engineer to work in their civil engineering team in Manchester. The role involves the delivery of high-quality infrastructure designs (roads and drainage) associated with building and public realm works projects.
Their Manchester civil engineering team work collaboratively on challenging, high-profile projects with both internal and external architects, engineers and designers across the North. Their projects include the provision of civil engineering designs associated with building developments and public realm projects, from the early master planning stage through to delivery of solutions on site, highway infrastructure projects and civil engineering master planning including flood risk.
This role represents a key position within the civil engineering team, with the successful candidate assisting in the development and growth of the team
The role will include, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Design of projects from the concept stage through to the construction stage
- Preparing and reviewing technical reports and specifications
- Complying with Health and Safety and CDM Regulations
- Support in the management and development of team members
- Development of client relationships
- Developing good relationships with professions across their consultancy and external consultants
You will have proven experience in a similar design consultancy, with demonstrable knowledge of varied infrastructure design skills (drainage and public realm). Excellent technical aptitude is essential, experience of working within a BIM environment and on site is desirable. You have diverse and in-depth knowledge of sustainable drainage design which supplemented with use of various civil engineering software.
You will have relevant experience and good knowledge of the following areas of civil engineering design:
- Drainage schemes associated with buildings, highways, public realm and landscape projects
- Highway and pavement design associated with building projects
- Undertaking of designs for section 38, 278 and 104 agreements
- Ground modelling
- Master planning
- Assessment and management of flood risk, and reducing flood risk
- Report writing
- You will have a good knowledge of civil engineering construction principles and standards, and will confident in your knowledge of relevant design standards and legislation.
- You will also have strong practical knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroDrainage and used Civil 3D for ground modelling, road and drainage design.
Your personal skills
- Highly motivated and passionate about delivering projects to time, budget and quality
- Organised and methodical with particular attention to detail
- Able to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Has a pragmatic approach and possess strong problem solving techniques
- Commercially aware
- Has strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships at all levels with clients and employees alike and across all professional disciplines
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with an ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
In return, our client offers an excellent opportunity for your personal development as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, flexible pension allowance, profit share, private medical insurance, and contribution towards professional subscriptions. They have a Social Life committee which organises a wide range of social, sporting and charitable activities and a communication committee for improvement and development ideas.