BIM Mechanical Technician – Manchester
Vertical Recruitment are working closely with a well sought after multidisciplinary consultancy, they have 14 offices across the UK, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. As part of a successful and growing Mechanical department, you’ll provide support to the team that’s been delivering industry leading design solutions for decades.
Your organisational and communication skills will help you interact with internal and external contacts to deliver projects within time, quality and budget constraints. You’ll also work to play an integral role in the driving of quality standards and the development of the team as a whole.
You will be responsible for generating quality, accurate and detailed records of Building Services engineering project documentation, working within the requirements of the project BIM execution plan.
Why this role?
This is an opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team where you will take ownership and be inspired by innovation
Great opportunity to grow your expertise and plug into a wider network of hundreds of engineering professionals to learn from
Fantastic project variety working across multiple sectors
You will join an office filled with dynamic, friendly and supportive people
- Be responsible for the production of schematic, general arrangement and detailed drawings in Revit in accordance with the relevant standards and procedures.
- Be responsible for carrying out clash detections of the Revit model and producing solutions to any clashes found.
- Ensure quality of delivery when producing or updating drawings to internal and/or customer standards.
- Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
- Review specialist subcontractors/suppliers production BIM models and drawings for compliance with design intent
- Preferably qualified in either Revit or related
- Training/knowledge of the developing BIM Level 2 Delivery
- Ability to produce 2D & 3D Building Services design deliverables from concept through to fully co-ordinated detailed design
- Familiar with assurance processes, codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Ability to liaise and co-ordinate with clients, Architects and all other members of the Design Team.
- Experience of clash detection/resolution process using both Navisworks and Revit.
- Knowledge of Cobie Data applicable to M&E drawings
- Eligible to pass criteria for security clearance
Their network of offices are appealing, friendly and comfortable spaces, easily accessible by car or public transport. And their salary and benefits packages are some of the best in the industry. What you get will depend on what you do, with individual performance-related rewards also on offer in addition to:
- Company car or cash allowance
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan
- Life assurance scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc)
- Family friendly policies
- Employee assistance
- Professional Development