Our Client is a dynamic and innovative Programme & Project Management Consultancy who specialise in Traffic & Transportation construction projects. They are at the forefront of a major rail route upgrade program in the North West of England. They are seeking a talented and experienced Planner to join their team on a freelance basis for a 6-month contract position.
As a Planner, you will play a crucial role in the success of bridge assessments and multiple new-build bridge construction projects. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Project Planning: Develop and maintain detailed project plans using Primavera P6, ensuring alignment with overall project objectives and timelines.
- Bridge Assessment Projects: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan and coordinate bridge assessment projects, ensuring adherence to safety and quality standards.
- New Build Bridge Construction: Lead the planning efforts for 20 new build bridge construction projects, working closely with designers to ensure seamless project execution.
- Schedule Management: Regularly review and update project schedules, identifying potential risks and proposing mitigation strategies to ensure project delivery within the specified timeframe.
- Communication and Collaboration: Facilitate effective communication and collaboration among project teams, stakeholders, and external partners to ensure a unified approach to project planning and execution.
- Reporting: Generate regular progress reports and present key findings to project stakeholders, providing insights into project status, challenges, and proposed solutions.
- Proven experience as a Planner, preferably within the rail or construction industry.
- Proficiency in Primavera P6 is essential.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently when required.
- Knowledge of bridge assessment and construction processes is highly desirable.
Location and Working Arrangement: The position is based in Manchester and will involve a hybrid working arrangement.