We are seeking an experienced Project Controller to work within the Nuclear sector. This challenging role, based in Cheshire, will require a detail-oriented and proactive professional who can take ownership of project reporting, control strategies, and resource planning. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in ensuring project success by overseeing safety, scope, cost, schedule, and business benefits objectives. This is agile working with 3 days onsite and 2 days working from home.
Overall Project Reporting:
- Assume overall responsibility for reporting project status in alignment with safety, scope, cost, schedule, and business benefits objectives.
- Regularly update and communicate project progress to stakeholders, highlighting key achievements and areas requiring attention.
Portfolio Level Reports and Resource Planning:
- Provide comprehensive portfolio-level reports for effective decision-making at the executive level.
- Lead resource planning efforts to ensure optimal allocation and utilization of project resources.
Project Control Strategies:
- Develop project control strategies tailored to project requirements.
- Own the project controls plan, ensuring alignment with overarching project goals.
- Cascade control plan requirements to the supply chain for seamless integration.
Issue Analysis and Reporting:
- Conduct thorough analysis of project and supply chain progress.
- Flag potential issues to the Project Manager in a timely manner, facilitating prompt remedial action.
Implementation of Metrics:
- Take responsibility for implementing project control metrics that enable robust performance analysis.
- Regularly assess and refine metrics to ensure continuous improvement in project control processes.
- Ideally experience as a Project Controller in the Nuclear sector.
- Strong understanding of safety, scope, cost, schedule, and business benefits objectives.
- Proficiency in developing and implementing project control strategies.
- Excellent analytical skills to identify project and supply chain issues.
- Experience in resource planning and portfolio-level reporting.
- Familiarity with project control metrics and performance analysis.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
You will be required to gain security clearance (if you don’t already have it) so will need to have permanent right to work in the UK and have been in the UK for the last 3 years