Senior Electrical Design Engineer – Data Centres
Vertical Recruitment are extremely proud to be working with a leading independent global MEP design consultancy with offices in Europe, Middle East, Asia, and Australia. They are now operating in central Manchester with ambitious growth plans. The company are one of the world’s leading consultancies in the Data Centre Sector.
An independent multi-award-winning business, with an excellent industry reputation. They work with both developers and internationally recognised end users, designing Data Centre Projects globally, typical project values reach the multibillion-pound region.
To aid their continued growth, they are looking to recruit a Senior Electrical Engineer, ideally with data centre experience (but not essential), to work as part of a team on technically challenging projects.
This role will be responsible for significantly contributing to projects to deliver excellent service levels to clients and assisting on the ongoing development and growth of the business, whilst providing sound technical, design, and contract management support.
- Contributes to the team to ensure successful preparation and delivery of project objectives, including providing technical support.
- Works with other senior engineers and less senior positions to ensure quality and timely operation delivery for clients.
- Compiles specifications, drawings, and relevant contract documents, maintaining the required technical quality of work, ensuring that designs comply with the relevant codes, standards, regulations and procedures.
- Delivers elements and components of projects from concept design through to completion, executing Building Services Engineering activities within the budget and schedule, whilst maintaining technical integrity
- Provides Electrical Building Services Engineering design to buildings and infrastructure.
- Identifies scope and scheduling changes in accordance with the change control process, maintaining planning and cost control on all scope.
- A relevant degree in Electrical Building Services Engineering, or equivalent qualification or sufficient suitable experience
- Ability to demonstrate extensive experience in a wide range of technical areas.
- Sound level of knowledge at the senior engineer level and managing a team
- Desirable experience in data centre projects, previous building services experience will be accepted
- An appreciation of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering, and computer modelling in the design of buildings
- Associate or student member of an appropriate professional body such as CIBSE, IET
- Achieved or working towards Chartered Engineer status
- Technical electrical knowledge and a thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
- Results-oriented approach with strong problem-solving, technical realisation, and coordination skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Computer literacy which includes Autocad, REVIT, Navisworks, Amtech, Dialux and Microsoft Office
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- 7% matched pension contribution
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Critical illness coverage